This study was taught at our Sunday evening service by Sim Forder, one of our pastors, on the 25th July 2021. You can listen to the audio on this web page or save it for later listening.
Summary of this study
If you are a Christian, you have been forgiven. That you are no longer seen as guilty. Yes, you might be remorseful for your past actions – but you are no longer guilty. Jesus paid it all! But is that it? Do we now just get on with our lives and live how we want? No, not at all. For we are to live in a way that pleases our Saviour. While there may be no more that is needed to pay for our sin, that doesn’t mean we can keep sinning. In this study we look at 4 ways we can deal with habitual sin in our lives:
- Know the cost Jesus paid for your sin (1 Corinthians 6:15-20)
- Cut off opportunity to sin (Mark 9:43)
- Bring every thought into captivity (2 Corinthians 10:4-5)
- Have accountability (James 5:16-18)
- When was the last time you deeply considered the price Jesus paid for you?
- What are you doing practically to keep from sin?
- How much of your thought life has anything to do with God?
- Who are you accountable to? How might you improve that?