DCF Youth Club is designed for the young people at DCF, and also their friends, and is geared for the secondary school age (11-18 year olds). Our Little Livewires club is for those aged 5-7, and Livewires is for those aged 7-11.
Our main aim is to teach the young people about the Bible and to encourage them to think for themselves. As part of this, we work hard to provide a safe environment where the young people can make lasting friendships, and where they can have an enormous amount of fun too. Our Aims include…
- To show the relevance of the Christian faith in today’s society, showing that it is built upon facts that can be proven.
- To encourage the young people to check out everything that we teach, and make their own decisions regarding what to believe. (Acts 17:11)
- To discuss the moral choices facing young people in society, encouraging them to consider the basis and reasons for the decisions that they make.
- To discourage bullying and thus, wherever possible, the problems caused by peer pressure.
- To inform the young people about the dangers of drug and alcohol abuse and to encourage a moral lifestyle.
- To encourage an attitude of responsibility for one’s own actions, considering the consequences and repercussions.
- To encourage respect for all in our community and to discourage anti-social behaviour.
- To warn of the physical & spiritual dangers of cults and the occult.